How it all Started . . .  

Posted in , , , , ,


It all started with a phone call from a dear friend. "Have you ever heard of this book?" my friend asked. "No," I said. She asked me to check it out. She had some concerns and asked for my opinion. A favorite pastime of mine is to do in-depth research on issues I am curious about or do not understand so that I can have a somewhat educated opinion. I call it "chasing rabbits." Christians call this practice "being a berean." Acts 17:11 says "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so."
I did do some research on the book but only spent about one or two minutes on the request. I phoned my friend back quickly and told her I didn't see anything too questionable, but did offer a statement or two of interest. Then, my friend said, "Look again and tell me what you find." Hmmm...that was very unusual for her to say. My curiosity was definitely peaked! Now I wanted to know more about "this book," the author, her beliefs, who endorsed her, and what it was that led my friend to call me! Immediately, I began my quest researching "the book." That research led me into many hours of reading other books, watching dvds and videos, listening to cds, combing over web sites and You Tube videos, etc. I was completely shocked at what I discovered! My head must have obviously been in the sand for at least a decade! "The book? What was the title of the book?" The book title Soul Feast, written by Marjorie Thompson.

This entry was posted on Saturday, September 13 at Saturday, September 13, 2008 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sunday, November 09, 2008 1:09:00 PM

Post a Comment